Friday, July 20, 2007

Me and Victoria go way back....




So I finally got around to watching NBC's one-hour special, Victoria Beckham: Coming to America last night. I watched the second screening of Victoria’s reality show where she is trying to obviously reinvent herself and save her failed solo career. This is huge for her. A fresh start in LA. gawd london is neat but the weather is so depressing. So the show was much better than I thought it would be! Most Americans don’t know that as much the brits love her husband they don’t necessarily feel the same about ‘can’t really sing’ spice. Well maybe they felt bad for her when her husband cheated on her a few years ago but still. You’re thinking im a hater right? No way! I can't stand cheating men but i've learnt to forgive david for his sins :) I still love her. I love that is she mad funny too! I would be her friend.

It was funny watching as she tried to woo the American public. I was mainly woo’d by her sense of style, which I’ve always liked. She was wicked style and a cute-as humor.

I would probably watch the show and have it on tivo if it was actually a series.
Sadly I heard that was initially the intention of producers to make it a 6 week series but they didn’t have enough film. I mean, I would watch it if I could just watch posh wear different outfits and drive around L.A and maybe get a glimpse of her husband every now and then.. and again…

Instead of Paris Hiltons “That’s hot” . Victoria has her own favorite expressions, "major" and "fierce", in almost every scene. Who doesn't love her vocabulary? In fact, I might just pick up some of the words she uses because, my god, they sound so much cooler! What do I have ? I say joo joo and ass wipe. So pretty much nothing. Case in point: knickers. If you're like me, you have a predicament about what to call your under things. Underwear? Too Dillard’s catalog. Panties? Too icky-squicky older man fetish. Thong? Too let me just announce to the world that I have a string up my ass. But knickers? Knickers I can do.

Beside the 60 million her hubby wubby will get for moving to the states to be a new pin up for America soccer they are already worth 116 million pounds? So what is that in America dollars? 231 million US? In summary. She is now my new best friend. It doesn’t hurt that her husband isn’t too shabby to look at either. Eh. J

If you felt like a silly idiot for not watching it even when the re-run of the show. I totally would understand but you’re covered. I have recorded it to my tivo machine. I’ve already watched it 3 times.