Friday, October 12, 2007

Iran president on Bahai's at UN press conference

I always tend to support the underdog. It most cases I’m proud and think more of us should do so.
To not follow the popular vote.


When Iran’s president, Ahmadinejad… said sometime last year that he did have a nuclear program and that he didn’t see it fair that only the United States can have nuclear programmes.
There was a part of this New Zealander inside me that agreed. Since when has the United States had authority to decide who gets the second rank of power in the world? I think Bush was being a bully? I thought we has intentionally trying to start something when he already had too man fires going. Does he really want another war?
Is he really that STUPID TO invade Iran?

Is the united states government that trustworthy that we can rely their reasoning is for the good of the United States citizens. I don’t trust politicians. I don't trust bush. I don't think he's BAD person. I just don't think he can do the job.
I also don't appreciate someone barking nuclear programme "passes or restrictions" because they think they control the safety of the world.


There was a part of me that knew how media and interviews could wrongly misconstrue things. Meanings. Intentions.I thought that at times this was the case for the Iranian president.After his comment about the Jewish people and the holocaust. I knew he was a fanatic. But I was still hoping he was brainwashed and not the brain washer. I still had hope.Naive . yes.

My father loved the news. It was the only thing on Television he would watch. My mother on the other hand, loathed television [ mainly because there were too many half naked women flaunting assets in the middle of the day ]she also disliked the news. She thought it was the bearer of bad news. She, Like I... is sensitive. we care the burden of the world on our shoulders. overthink. I guess that's where i get it from.


On multiple occasions when friends ask how I feel about the Iranian president. I said that "I don’t feel”.
I’m only saddened that the innocent continue to suffer and some still dont understand what that injustice and setback is doing to them as an individual and as a country.

It was on CNN 2 weeks ago. Anderson cooper. It was both a proud and disturbing moment. proud, because my religion was a topic. a concern that is finally receiving spotlight. we want answers.

disturbing was the response.

It made my blood boil. To think that if you completely ignore the existence of a 6 million strong religion, persecution and the awful treatment of thousands of Baha'i can just go unanswered. To think it’s not worthy of an answer. How painful that was to watch the smirk on his face.
He is no longer the underdog.
He is great need of an education.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XV2qZtB8W3c

To be in the presence of the UN, what do they UN just get their facts from thin air?
Are they all a bunch of idiots?